This book combines all of Angelika Taschen's recommendations for Paris hotels, shops, restaurants, cafes, and bars into one volume, ensuring visitors a wealth of ideas and a guarantee that their Parisian sojourn will never have a dull moment. From the ultra-hot Colette fashion concept store to Tom Ford's secret hideaway to Hemingway's favorite brasserie, all of the best insider tips are gathered together between these covers so that when you hop out from under yours, you'll have plenty of exciting things on your agenda.
Dictionary-style cut out tabs help the reader to have quick access to each chapter.
Among the highlights are:
- Decorative ceramics shop Astier de Villatte
- The ultra-modern Comme des Garçons perfume and candle boutique
- Ladurée, the best macaroons in the city
- Ma Bourgogne restaurant on the beautiful Place des Vosges
- Classic bistro Allard that has hardly changed in 70 years
- Left bank restaurant La Palette, a favorite of Picasso and Braque
- Brasserie Lipp, where Hemingway ate the eat herrings he wrote about in A Moveable Feast
- The ultra-luxurious Ritz hotel on elegant Place Vendôme
- The cozy and cute Hôtel Bourg Tibourg in the Marais
- Hôtel Verneuil in St. Germain-des-Prés opposite the former residence of Serge Gainsbourg
- The quintessentially French Hôtel Duc de Saint-Simon